5 Benefits of a Reusable Grocery Bag
With an unprecedented environmental crisis on our hands, the world has been forced to rethink its everyday habits. Especially ones that multiply the catastrophic effect our urban lifestyles have on our planet. One such habit is the growing use of plastic — plastic pollution is particularly prevalent in Asian and African countries, and it is reported that about 8 million tons of plastic waste is dumped into our oceans every year.
If you’re wondering what you can do, then know that every little step counts. One small but significant change you can make to curb this plastic menace is to start using reusable shopping bags for our grocery runs.
• Environment Friendly: The foremost benefit of adopting reusable grocery bags is that they are eco-friendly. When we say no to single-use plastics, we say yes to cleaner oceans, fewer toxic fumes in the air, healthier land and marine lives, and an overall greener planet.
• Durable: Moreover, with extra charges being levied on plastic bags in most supermarkets, you also save a penny when you opt for a burlap bag or canvas tote bag to store your fruits and veggies in. What’s more, they extremely durable and can be used for years.
• They look good: These eco-friendly bags are also a great way to declutter and beautify your homes. Do away with gauche single-use bags stored in your kitchens and closets, and replace them with cotton and jute shopping bags that feature cute designs, catchy slogans and flaunt-worthy prints instead.
• Multi-Purpose Utility: Need another reason? These bags are multipurpose. You can use these beautiful bags as more than just a grocery bag; sling on a pretty printed tote bag when you step out for a brunch with friends and fill it up with your books, wallet and snacks on a busy day.
• Walking Billboards: These reusable tote bags can be customised with any message you want to spread (‘be kind’ or ‘go green!’) or be used as marketing tool with customers. Carrying a tote bag from your favourite brands will also give you a sense of connect with the brand.
It’s time to dump the plastic for good, and not into our oceans. Take your pick from a variety of gorgeous, planet-friendly market bags from https://earthbags.com/ today for a better future!